Monday, February 8, 2010

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?


So I get a phone call a couple days ago and it's my buddy Sage Holland. She is coming into St. Louis to pick up her son Beau who flew into Canada from France and took a bus to St. Louis (long story).
We haven't been able to see each other for about a year so it was nice to catch up and go out to dinner. We met up with a good friend of hers that she hadn't seen in 10 years so it was so fun to see Sages face light up when her friend came into the restaurant.
We stayed up late looking at beads of Sage's, Beau's and mine, and talking about the bead world.
Remember my last post about fixing up the house room by room...well Sage got to stay in our updated guest room and it was so nice and cozy.
I miss her already.

Hey Feb 10th is when we post our Bead Soup creations so make sure you all stop by.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Isn't she like uber-famous?!????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well yea kind-of. She and Brian Kirkvelt started the bead making movement in the US in about 1986 or '87. She and Brian invented bead release! I had taken about 6 classes with Tom and Sage at Meadow Creek and they came and taught at my studio a couple of times. We have known each other about 10 years and have become good friends.I kind-of forget they are "bead famous". I love them both dearly.

    ReplyDelete