Sunday, February 27, 2011

Remember when we were talking about...

A couple post ago I talked about where we get our inspirations. I showed a picture on the Russian Onion Domes (really that's what they call them, I checked).
Well those things really got me thinking and I became obsessed, hum imagine that, me obsessed with a bead. Well the next day in the studio I was determined to make it work. Some were easy, some not so much. But it really did push me and now I have a whole new area to explore. I present my Russian Onion  Domes. See the one over on the left..that one is a booger to make. You would have to understand glass to see why but stringer work is hard enough without having to lay it down in a complicated pattern. I am getting better so just wait. 
So then I thought how cool to make them into a pendant so here is the pendant (I will have this one up on Etsy tonight.)
I have a feeling you will see a lot more of these in the next couple of weeks. 
Oh and thanks a lot Erin for encouraging me. Now see what you started!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, they are wonderful, the next best thing if you can't get to Russia to see the real onion domes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I think I am in love! I could see a whole flock of these on your table (or herd?). These are so cool, filled with vibrant colors and movement. Must.Have.One. Go make more and list them.
    Enjoy the day, Miss Libby!
    ;-)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopped by on the bead soup blog hop and saw your onion dome beads!!! i was hopelessly captivated.

    the confection that is st. basil's is a wonder to behold. but i like your beads better. off to visit your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really most spectacular! Beautiful and very unique work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cool..you've added another silver coin to your tool box...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are incredible, I have been drooling over your pods and now one more thing to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love where you are going with these, great exploration of a wonderful subject..
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for showing us your inspiration and then your design. It helps designers to remember that the world is full of inspiration. Can you make them large enough to be finials for drapes or lamps? Way to go! If they don't sell out as fast as you can make them, I'd be glad to list them at our online store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderfully amazing! I don't know the first thing about glass but they look complicated, and SO Very original!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!

    I lived in Moscow for four months years ago, and walked from my dorm room to St. Basil's on my very first day in the country. Your post brought it all back, the sheer magic of that moment. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially love the one on the left, with the orange melted in. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete