Saturday, February 4, 2012

Look what I got!

Here it is. I got my Bead Soup from my partner Melanie of Earthenwood Studios. I got lots of goodies and can't wait to use them.
The clasp is really cool but I don't think I am going to use it as a clasp, of course you won't know until the hop so you need to tune in. 
I have a feeling that I will be making a couple of things because the mix just lends itself to several designs.

I have stopped by others blogs to see their mixes and, WOW there is some cool stuff out there.
Lori has given some tips for the blog hop but I would like to add some tips of my own. 

1. The more you blog about your Hop Experience the more you will help not only your blog but your partners blog. Remember this is a partnership so it's fun to see how the creative story develops between you and your partner. I love seeing the Soup mixes of the partners. It sets the creative story that we will all follow, and on the day of the Hop we see the last chapter.

2. This is not only for driving traffic to your and your partners blog but also a time to develop a relationship with new blogs that you might have not known about before. Because of the Bead Soup Blog Hop I have added so many new blogs to my list and met new people. This is the time to visit new blogs and find new blog friends.


3. Become a follower of your partners blog. This is just my opinion but I think it is a good idea.


I would love to hear other ideas that I haven't thought about so please leave comments and let me know how the Bead Soup Blog Hop has worked for you.






 

8 comments:

  1. Libby,
    I like what you got!!!!!!! :) I just hop around from the partners posted, to me it's the easiest way...one blog leads me to the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great soup! Can't wait to see what you do on the reveal day! (love your blog template by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty bead soup! I can't wait to see what you make with it.

    I've been keeping up on Facebook with the Bead Cafe that Lori just recently set up for the Bead Soup events. Already there are well over 170 members posting their soup and other fun things.

    http://www.facebook.com/groups/BeadSoupCafe/352477828110397/#!/groups/BeadSoupCafe/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup is so beautiful! Great advice too. I've been to everyone's blog and joined everybody's site and/or joined their email list - it took me 3 days! But, here's the best part....once you've made your rounds and joined everybody's site it's EASY to stay on top of everything by just visiting the sites that are updated in your reading list. And now for facebook...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious ingredients for your soup. And great tips, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bead soup! Reveal day is going to be so exciting. Can't wait! And great advice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great soup and tips! Very autumn. The clasp is really nice and the ceramic beads are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fall colors! (my favorite season) I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete